LUDINGTON, MICHIGAN – A pit bull managed to alert his owner of a house fire early Saturday in Mason County, the Ludington Daily News reports.
The home on Fourth Street in Scottville, near Ludington, was significantly damaged in the blaze, but the resident sleeping inside at the time escaped injury after his pit bull refused to leave him behind, the newspaper reports.
The resident was awoken by his pet pit bull which didn't bark, but nudged him until he got up and realized there was a fire, Fire Chief Dale Larr told the Ludington Daily News.
The home sustained $10,000 to $15,000 in damage. A cause wasn’t immediately known.
Additional information about the fire has not been reported by the Daily News.
(Courtesy of The Ludington Daily News)